It can be fun after adopting your new family member to check out how they did on the race track, follow-up on their pedigree, or check for siblings. AAGI usually doesn't get race records from the kennel, and until recently it had been difficult to find this information. Unfortunately, unlike the horse racing industry, dog race records are not kept by a central agency.
Here are some places to check out your greyhound's history:
This is the best place to go for racing information on your retired racer.
1. After completing a simple, free registration, click on "Greyhound Data Bank" – located in the center right of the homepage.
2. On the left hand side will be a place to enter your greyhound's official or full racing name (on the pink copy of your AAGI contract).
3. Choose the type of data you would like to view.
• Performance Lines (past performance lines)
• Littermates (known racers from the same litter)
• Race Charts (the dog's races with information listed for each dog in that race)
• Siblings x Sire (half brothers and sisters by the same father)
• Genesis (family tree of the selected greyhound)
• Siblings vs Dam (half brothers and sisters by the same mother)
What if my dog isn't listed?
Greyhound-Data is an alternative to Rosnet and will include some
of the non-Rosnet member tracks. The site generally does not include
dogs who raced prior to 1994. You can also search by Left Ear Tattoo
if the racing name doesn't work. It is not as technical a site
as Rosnet and some users like it better.
You can call NGA at (785) 263-4660 or firstname.lastname@example.org and ask for Identification. Give them both tattoo numbers (also on the pink copy of your AAGI contract), and they should be able to give you the correct spelling. Then you can start over at Rosnet.
What if I lost my pink copy?
What do those tattoos mean again?
Register Your Greyhound Pet:
If you would like to have your greyhound officially registered in your name by NGA, and receive a suitable-for-framing registration certificate, contact AAGI (602-971-6935) for the proper forms. You will need to call NGA to get the record holder's name and address, then send the form to them for signing (we send detailed instructions to you with the form). The cost is $30 and $10 is donated to AAGI if you list us as the agency you adopted from.
|Copyright © 2006 - 2010 Arizona Adopt A Greyhound | Web Site by AAGI Web Site Team|